High quality ancient variety with low yield for excellent risotto
Gigante Vercelli rice is an ancient variety that Ideariso recovered in purity and put back into cultivation and which, by decree of the Ministry of Agriculture, is responsible for the preservation as a historical variety.
Low yields, the organoleptic characteristics and natural resistance to disease (absolute peculiarity) are the features which formerly had selected this variety to obtain a product excellent and healthy. These items, still today, make it a unique rice in the preparation of risotto.
The large grains remain separate when cooked while making a creaming risotto itself.
At Gigante Vercelli we reserve the fields with higher vocation for the variety, all located in the province of Vercelli. Fungicides are not necessary and are not used for its cultivation. Processing is performed in a high quality plant, with low volumes of husked rice per day, and the result is a perfect grain. From all this comes the definition of “QUALITA’ ASSOLUTA”
To ensure the preservation of the quality, the rice is packaged in a protective atmosphere immediately after processing.
Gigante Vercelli in brief
• Ancient variety naturally resistant to diseases.
• Absolute quality rice at large grain, base for risotti of excellence, following italian tradition.
• Gluten free, processed and packed in plant without food allergenes.
• Fits with vegean diets.
• Large and separated grains, appreciated for cooking firmness, gives to risotto a natural fine creaming.
• It cooks in just 16 – 18 minutes.
• Unique and original rice, in the handling and innovative packaging Ideariso, preserved in protective atmosphere.
Nutritional aspectsIngredients: Gigante Vercelli riso originario
average nutritional values
per 100 g of product:
Recommended uses and cooking methodsRisotto
80 g each
16 - 18 min
Packaging: Food carton tube 1 Kg, 500g, 320g